“All the events are so fun. Purim circus, Oneg on Fridays and all the fun. Even in class the learning is exciting. We got to listen to ‘Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat’ and guess which Parasha it matched too.” – Melanie age 8
At Yavneh Primary school it is our intent to ensure that core Jewish Values are weaved throughout the curriculum and not taught solely as stand-alone sessions.
We aim to;
- Make Jewish Studies engaging and applicable for students through real-world applications and experiential learning
- To provide students with the information and abilities necessary to live a full Jewish life
- To instil in students the courage to consider their own unique relationship with Hashem (G-d) and to express it in a variety of ways.
- To nurture the student’s excellent character qualities (middot), which are correlated with the Yavneh schools’ values.
- Foster a lifetime love for Judaism by being actively involved in Jewish and larger communal life through instilling a feeling of community.